OFFICIAL Music Video from the Party Worker album!!! Welcome To The Party (produced by DJ Phatrick and featuring Kayamanan ng Lahi / Margaux Sue)
Please support the campaign at http://bambu.la/partyworker
This right here!… BANGBANG
PROMETHEUS BROWN AND BAMBU ARE THE BAR
Bambu is celebrating the working class struggle with his new project, Party Worker. “Welcome To The Party” is the first single from the album and the video was shot on a busy street in Manila. His Kickstarter campaign for the album is still open and has already met half of its goal.
MITS feat. La & Kixxie Siete (Official Video)
The Bar is for raising the minimum wage.
Cool things to note about this video:
- it was shot in one take
- Prometheus Brown, Bambu and DJ Nphared had just gotten back from a 24-hour trip to Manila
- Prometheus Brown was in the middle of preparing the kitchen for the pop-up restaurant (which is why he dashes off right after his verse)
- The woman in the beginning of the video is not Nphared’s Auntie
- The man with sticks uses MapQuest
- LA shot this on his actual lunch break
- Kixxie flew up to Seattle and mixed Flaming Hot Cheetos with Bangus Sisig
- DJ Nphared spent a portion of our video budget on walkie talkie’s to add authenticity to his role as a valet driver
- Bambu found a beer by the garbage and drank it
- DJ Nphared and Bambu did not coordinate the missed high-five
- Bambu got into a car accident a few hours before the shoot
- Prometheus Brown and his wife, Chera, do their “Food & Sh*t" pop-up restaurants regularly throughout Seattle and are looking to take it on the road soon
- DJ Nphared saw the movie Gravity twice
- Grynch did not know we were filming a video
- Our homeboy Nam made sure nobody walked through the ‘set.’
- Chel, who opens the door and calls us in at the end, is a family friend who loves this little girl: http://laylashlhfight.org/ - and so do we!
- Kizamu, The Bar’s manager, wore three different Seahawks tops throughout the day
- The Bar listened to Chip Fu the entire day
The In4mation X The Bar shirt is coming soon! Stay tuned tohttp://in4mants.com for release date!
Shot by Jerome Buenaventura during The Bar’s hosting of Food & Sh*t’s Pulutan Pop-Up Restaurant at Inay’s in Seattle.
Song Of The Day: Radio Sunday (4/6/14)
Song: Mits ft. La and Kixxie Siete
Artist: THE BAR
Shout out to Street Sounds for blasting this Barkada track last night. The only way I can really describe this song is bangin’…because it is. Pro Brown & Bambu kill it alongside La and Kixxie Siete. Go buy the album here.
There’s layers to this Filipino food shit. Level one: the Holy Trinity of Big Filipino Party food: adobo, pancit, lumpia. Level two: Filipino restaurant food. Level three: home cooking. And level four: Pulutan.
From the tagalog word meaning “to pick up,” pulutan is food eaten while drinking with your homies. Auntie and uncle kicking it hard when the kids aren’t around type food. Like Spanish tapas, but with more soul and less toothpicks and bourgieness.
The pulutan du jour, sizzling sisig, anchors this month’s menu (pork $8, bangus $7, tofu $6). Also featured: fried goodness with kamote fries $4 and bagnet $6 (crispy pork belly), two chicken items: pulled adobo chicken sliders $3 and inasal chicken wings $6, and mom’s & pop’s pinapaitan $4 (beef bile soup). For our dessert menu, we’re bringing back Chera’s hood-famous ube cheesecake $6 and pandan flan $5 from our previous menus, and adding a new dish: nutella turon & ice cream $6.
Also, this month my fellow Rapping Filipino Uncle, Bambu, will be joining us in the kitchen. This month marks the release of our new album Barkada under the group name The Bar—a name we chose while eating and drinking at a bar in Hawai’i. So come celebrate with us and get some bar food from The Bar, and be the first to watch our new music video “Barkada,” screening exclusively at Pulutan before launching online the next day.
The pop-up opens its doors at 6pm on Monday, and there is open seating with no reservations. First-come, first-served from our a la carte menu. Have one or two pulutan dishes or share them all with friends over some San Miguel.
"Coming (to America)" is the first video from Barkada, shot and edited by DJ Nphared and filmed in Kalihi, Honolulu, Hawai’i. Song produced by Justo (of The Physics).
The Bar Website: http://thebarmusic.com
Beatrock Website: http://beatrockmusic.com